It’s that time of year. New Year’s resolutions are set. Family travels back home. The days start to get incrementally longer. And Amazon FBA fees change. Say what?
Yes, Amazon FBA is changing their fees. They claim that approximately 40% of FBA units won’t be affected by these changes. Read on for the full scoop.
Quick overview of the FBA fee changes for 2019
Are you an experienced seller who just wants a quick rundown into what’s new? Great! We’ve got you covered. Here’s an overview of the need to know information:
- Changes go into effect on February 19, 2019
- There are no changes to fulfillment fees for units in the small standard and large standard size categories (hence Amazon’s estimation that 40% of units are unaffected by this year’s updates)
- Oversize items now have a minimum additional cost, based on a minimum width and height of 2 inches
- Long term storage fees don’t start until 365 days (woo hoo!)
- There are separate additional fees for “dangerous goods” like flammable or pressurized aerosol
- Many applicable referral fees are lowering from $1.00 to $0.30 per item, which will allow better profits for low-priced items across many categories